Post Content Hide
- The Best Harnesses Brands for Australian Shepherds
- Some Frequently Asked Questions on Australian Shepherd Harnesses
As you know, Australian Shepherds are energetic and athletic dogs. Due to this, you need to have a good harness when taking them on walks or other physical activities. The harness needs to be safe, comfortable, not limit movement, and discourage pulling.
For all these features and more, here are some top options you should check out.
The Best Harnesses Brands for Australian Shepherds
These are the top dog harness brands that you should invest in:
Copatchy Dog Harness
- Medium Size,Chest Size: 21-25 Inches Neck Size: 17-19.5 Inches Weight 38-55 LBS
- COMFORTABLE SPONGE FILLED ANTI PULL effect dog harness for your best friend: no stress on dog's...
- Clips Around Both Your Pets Neck and Chest Allowing for The Harness To Be Both Easily Applied and...
- Made with High quality breathable mesh material to keep your loving pet nic e and cool while keeping...
- The Extra Handle on Top of This Harness Makes it Easier to Control and Walk Hard Pulling and Elderly...
Easy to Put On
This is a great harness for fussy dogs. It is equipped with buckles around the neck and chest area. Due to this, you don’t have to wait for your dog to “step into” the harness.
Instead, you can simply fasten it in almost position they are standing in. So, there is limited fuss involved in putting on this harness.
Reduces Pressure Around Neck
The harness is designed to make sure that there is no pressure on your pup’s neck. Even if your dog has a tendency to pull, you don’t have to worry about them getting choked.
Due to this, it is one of the safer harnesses to invest in.
The only thing to be mindful of is that it can move to the side as your dog walks. However, this doesn’t impact their stride or the effectiveness of the harness in any way.
Offers Greater Control
In addition to the regular clip, this harness is also equipped with a handle on the back. This allows you to grab the harness – and your dog – to hold them in place.
This is a great feature to have if your dog often lunges at other dogs or gets distracted by squirrels. In any case, it ensures that your pooch can easily be grabbed if anything does happen.
Added Padding for Comfort
This is certainly one of the more comfortable harnesses. It has soft, sponge padding all around, ensuring that there is no rubbing or chaffing.
The material is also lightweight and breathable, so your pooch won’t mind wearing it in different kinds of weather. This also means that your dog will wear this harness for longer periods of time.
- Easy to put on
- Less risk of choking
- Easy to control
- Lots of padding
- Can slip to the side a little
Pawaboo Dog Safety Harness
- 【Driving Safety Comes First】: It prevents dogs from jumping out of the car window or moving...
- 【Easy to Use & Wide Compatibility】: (If our seatbelt does not fit your car, please see picture...
- 【Detachable Seat Belt for Different Usages】: Since the seat belt is detachable, you can use it...
- 【High Quality, Light Weight, Comfortable】: Made of oxford fabric, 100% polyester, broad sponge...
- 【For Small & Medium dog Breeds】: We have different sizes for choices, mostly suitable for small...
Can Be Adjusted Easily
It can be tricky for any harness to fit your dog right off the bat. This harness is quite easy to adjust once on your pup, though.
Best of all, it can be adjusted at various points as well. It doesn’t matter what kind of build your dog has, you will be able to choose the most comfortable and best-fitting setting without any issue.
The only downside is that if your dog is good at getting out of harnesses, they may be able to get through this one as well.
Doubles as Seatbelt
Like many dog owners today, you probably take your dog everywhere you go. Well, this is why you will be happy to know that this harness is also equipped with a seatbelt function.
Simply plug it into the seatbelt outlet and your pup will be nice and secure. Although this is a secondary feature, it works quite well and provides you with peace of mind while you are driving.
It also means that you don’t have to take around numerous different implements while you are out and about with your dog.
This harness is comfortable for your dog to wear for a few different reasons.
First off, there is the design. The wide straps across the chest ensure that pressure isn’t placed at any one point on your dog’s chest or neck. This reduces their risk of choking.
If your dog has a tendency to pull on their leash or run off, you will find that this is one of the safer options for them.
To add to this, there is soft padding around the chest area, which prevents the material from chafing, even when your pooch lunges forward. The material is breathable as well, so that your dog will not feel warm or uncomfortable beneath it.
Durable Materials and Design
This harness has certainly been made for energetic breeds. Constructed of high-quality materials such as Oxford fabric and durable plastic, the harness can stand up to some serious tear and wear.
It works especially well if you have a younger pooch that you are training who has a tendency to tear through other harnesses.
- Easily adjusted
- Doubles as seatbelt
- Some dogs may wriggle out
Embark Adventure Dog Harness
- THE ULTIMATE ADVENTURE DOG HARNESS - Dog harnesses made for active lifestyles: take your dog for a...
- HIGHLY ADJUSTABLE & EASY ON AND OFF - Longer straps with extra adjustment helps you find a snug fit...
- HEAVY-DUTY & IMPROVED DURABILITY - Made from strong military-grade nylon that exceeds national...
- ALLOWS SAFE NO PULL TRAINING - Our no pull dog harness positions the back leash attachment and soft...
- SUPER COMFORTABLE & STYLISH – Our lightweight materials with reflective trim look stunning and...
Great for Active Lifestyle
If you like to go hiking, running, or engage in other activities with your Australian Shepherd, then this is the harness for you – and them.
This harness has been specifically designed for a more adventurous lifestyle. You will notice that the area around the chest, neck, and back is a bit thicker than on other harnesses.
These features ensure that your dog won’t be able to wriggle out of them. At the same time, the design holds up well to rough terrain.
Of course, this design can also make this harness a bit bulky. It shouldn’t be an issue unless your pup is fussy about wearing harnesses.
If your dog pulls or if you are simply training your pup not to pull, this harness will come in handy. There is a heavy-duty D-ring at the front of the harness that allows you to clip the leash on there.
In doing so, you will have better control over your dog’s movements and cut down on how much they pull.
Despite this feature, the harness sits low enough on your dog’s torso that their trachea won’t be covered in any way. So, even with pulling, they are well-protected and won’t choke.
Durable Material and Design
This harness has been built with toughness and durability in mind.
To begin with, it is made from ripstop nylon. This material is already resistant to tears, but it is also great for ensuring that tears will not widen with continued use.
On top of this, the harness has reinforced stitching. This means that even if your dog pulls, the seams won’t strain or tear.
Finally, the D-ring has been improved so that it has a pulling strength of 750lbs! It doesn’t matter how big or boisterous your pooch is, the ring is going to hold.
Despite being durable, there is nothing utilitarian about this harness. It contains tons of padding and is comfortable for your dog to wear for extended periods of time.
The harness also reduces chafing and has been designed to allow as much movement as possible, without allowing your pooch to escape.
- Great for adventurous lifestyles
- Resists pulling
- A bit bulky
Didog Padded Harness
- LET'S MEASURE & BUY THE CORRECT SIZE: For the best fit, match the below dimensions to your pet's...
- Effective No Pull & No Choking - The front D ring is welded and link leash here make the harness...
- Quick Fit & Light Weight - Only 1 buckle to control this harness, easy to put on and take off, the...
- Comfortable Wearing & Safety Walking - There are soft fleece pads beneath the straps for dog neck...
- Quality Material & Well Constructed - Quality nylon material strap and durable nylon buckle make the...
Does your Australian Shepherd with boundless energy have an issue with pulling? Well, this harness may help to eliminate this problem.
The D-ring at the front of the harness allows you to clip the leash on there. This hands power over to you, making it difficult for your pooch to pull.
There’s no need to worry, though, as this design also prevents your pooch from choking, making it a safe apparatus for even the most high-energy dogs.
Easy to Put On
Few dogs wait patiently as they are clipped into their harness. Now, however, your pooch will not have to wait too long.
This is because the harness has just one buckle. As such, the design is makes it easy to slip over and under your dog. This way, your pup can be fitted into the harness in just minutes.
The only downside is that what makes this harness easy to put on can also make it easy to get out of, at least for dogs that are known to be escape artists.
If your dog falls into this category, then you will need to keep a close eye on them at all times.
Made from Durable Material
Australian Shepherds are not small dogs. So, when you consider their power and agility, they often put harnesses through their paces. Fortunately, this harness has been especially built for pups like these.
For one thing, it is made from high-quality nylon material that is resistant to wear and tear. To add to this, the D-ring is welded it into place, reducing the chance that it is going to snap.
Boasts Comfortable Design
This is a harness that your dog will certainly enjoy wearing, even if they are fussy about such things. For one thing, the minimalistic design doesn’t feel restrictive or limit their movements in any way.
At the same time, the harness is lined, ensuring that it won’t rub and cause friction against your dog’s skin. The pads are also wider, creating even pressure around your dog’s chest and back.
- Reduces pulling
- Comfortable design
- Easy to put on
- Not good for escape artists
Unho Dog Harness
- Soft Pad & Durable Nylon Material - Our dog life harness is made of breathable cotton padded and...
- No Pull Handle - Unho no pull dog harness has a handle in the back, which is convenient for you to...
- Adjustable Buckle & Strap - This durable dog harness has an adjustable locks buckle which is free...
- Force Balance Design - Pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent pulling and...
- Size - Please measure the size of chest accurately before purchase. XS: Adjustable Chest Size...
If your dog doesn’t approve of harnesses, they may be comfortable with this one. This is because there are a minimal number of straps involved, ensuring less friction.
As a result, they will not feel the harness at all and will be less likely to resist it. Not to mention, the design also encourages free range of movement so your pooch will be able to run and jump without any issue at all.
Provides Greater Control
The harness is equipped with an additional handle on the back. This allows you to easily reach over and get a great grip on your dog’s harness and them.
This works well if your dog often lunges or runs without warning. This will give you some additional control.
Unfortunately, this leash isn’t great at stopping your dog from pulling. So, if this is a trait that you are trying to eradicate, this isn’t the best leash for your dog.
Force Balance Design
The harness has been designed in such a way that there is even pressure created across the front of the harness. This is true even if your dog pulls forward or tugs on their leash.
Due to this, you don’t have to be concerned about cutting off your dog’s air supply or even them choking at any point.
Easy to Put On
For dogs who just can’t stand still, this harness can be put on in just moments. It can also be adjusted quickly and easily, ensuring that your pooch can be on their way in no time at all.
- Basic design
- Doesn’t choke
- Easy to put on
- Provides control
- Doesn’t help with pulling
Some Frequently Asked Questions on Australian Shepherd Harnesses
What is the Best Harness for an Australian Shepherd?
The harnesses mentioned here are some of the best on the market. However, you will need to decide which one is best for your dog based on their size, requirements, and behavior. The type of physical activity will also have to be factored in.
Is a Collar or Harness Better for an Australian Shepherd?
As Australian Shepherds are athletic dogs, harnesses are the better choice. This implement ensures that there is no force created around the neck, but that pressure is evenly distributed instead. As a result, there is a lower risk of choking or injury with a harness.
Does Your Australian Shepherd Pull More with a Harness?
No, your dog will not pull more with a harness. In fact, many harnesses are equipped with no-pulling features that give you better control over your Australian Shepherds. With time, this may reduce the pulling behavior.
These are the best harnesses to invest in for your Australian Shepherd. Each of these designs have their own features and perks. So, it is up to you to determine which one will serve the needs of you and your pooch best. Go ahead and make the right choice today.
The products featured on this page were last updated on 2021-07-22 /. Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API.